- When we think, our bodies feel.
- Traveling over the surface of our body is an energy meridian system.
- There are 12 energy meridians that each flow through the organs of the body and are interconnected to each other and to the brain. The organs of the body produce our feelings and emotions, which explains why stimulating (tapping) the energy points influences brain function and emotion.
- All tapping points are classic acupuncture points, located mainly at the beginning or end of a meridian. The points run through the body to/from the hands and feet up to the top of the head. Acupuncture points are interconnected at the fingertips and toes, thus we tap with the fingertips, to stimulate these connection points.
- The points at the end of the meridians have the greatest ability to move energy. Energy movement takes place in both the meridian being tapped as well as an connecting meridian.
|Point Location||Meridian Points||Main Negative Emotions|
|Top of Head||TH||GV 20||Governing Vessel||Assimilation (of scattered emotions), 1000 meeting points|
|Eye Brow||EB||UB 2||Bladder||Trauma, dread, panic, terror, frustration, impatience, disappointment|
|Side Eye||SE||GB 1||Gall Bladder||Anger, internal conflict, rage, indecision|
|Under Eye||UE||St 1||Stomach||Anxiety, unreliable, deprivation, emptiness, bitter, addiction|
|Under Nose||UN||GV 27||Governing Vessel (last DU- strong brain connection)||Embarrassed, unsupported|
|Chin||CH||CV 24||Central Vessel (last REN – strong brain connection)||Overwhelmed, self respect, shyness, shame|
|Collar Bone||CB||K 27||Kidney||Fear, phobia, cautious, careless, reckless, indecisive|
|Under Breast||UB||Lv 14||Liver||Anger, rage, distressed, self righteousness, unhappiness|
|Under Arm||UA||Sp 21||Spleen||Rejection, self esteem, worried thoughts, cynicism, envy|
|Thumb||Th||Lu 11||Lung||Grief, regret, depressed|
|Index finger||IF||LI 1||Large Intestine||Holding on to past hurts, stubbornness, indifference|
|Middle finger||MF||P 9||Pericardium||Sad, jealous, gloomy|
|Pinky finger||PF||H9||Heart||Forgiveness, excessive joy, hysteria, shock|
|Karate Chop||KC||SI 3||Small Intestine||Fear of a new experience, confusion, unappreciated, vulnerable|
|GAMUT||Top of hand||TW 3||Triple Warmer||Hopelessness, social disorientation|
The universe, as well as the human body, are influenced by the energy of the 5 elements. Any imbalances in the energies of one element will present in the organs and meridians dominated by that element. Each element flows from one to the next and all are interconnected.
|Element||Emotions||Organ or Meridian||Yin or Yang||Climate Qi||Taste||Body Tissue|
|Earth||Empathy, Sympathy||Stomach||Yang||Late Summer||Sweet||Muscles|
|Metal||Grief, Guilt, Regret||Large Intestine||Yang||Fall||Spicy||Skin|
|Fire||Joy, Love, Hate||Small Intestine||Yang||Summer||Bitter||Blood Vessel|
(Thyroid, Adrenals, Thymus)
|Circulation / Sex||Yin|